02 July 2015
We've left June behind so it's time to show you the captures I made on the Hunt!
If you aren't familiar with the SPSH I encourage you to jump over to Gallo Organico for Rinda's 2015 kickoff post. It's not too late to join in and you don't have to have a blog. You can post your finds on Instagram #rindas2015photohunt or to the Facebook group Summertime Picture Scavenger Hunt. The Chosen One and SweetGirl are joining in again this summer as well.
So here we go, I am off to a very respectable start...
SCAVENGER HUNT LIST
2. An ornate door knocker
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal)
4. People playing a board game or card game
5. Architectural columns
Rose Hill - Lockerly in Milledgeville, Georgia
6. A metal bridge
We visited the Georgia Aquarium and I was thrilled to get the kissing turtles then found this stack of turtles posing for me
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media
9. A tent
10. A college or university
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
We spent the night with The Chosen One's great aunt in Hartwell, Georgia and look what was in the backyard.
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet
Women's restroom at my gym, can't tell you how nervous I was that I would be reported lol
13. A merry-go-round or carousel
My nephew and his wife are expecting their first child in August. They live several states away so while they were visiting I did a photo shoot at Pullen Park. The nursery theme is jungle animals so the carousel was a perfect setting.
14. A traffic signal
Walking to Centennial Olympic Park had to stop and catch this traffic light welll not really I just noticed it when I cropped the photo @@
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air
The Atlanta skyline from the SkyLounge atop our hotel
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms
Because the police officers are the real reason I stopped for the pic ;)
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle
19. A ticket booth
20. A natural body of water
21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt". Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for any one item on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: People eating outside
Alternative C: A rocking chair
Two fine Southern gentlemen
Over halfway there! I have a few that I know will be a challenge
so we'll see what I have when July ends!
Apologies for the wonky formatting of this post but I am have no time to fix it :/
20 June 2015
Starting to think about Independence Day and since so many countries share the red, white and blue flag there are ideas for those of you not celebrating the Fourth of July! Clicking on the photo should take you to the original post.